Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design / Industrial Design Engineer to join our London office and bring our and our clients? ideas to life through our experimentation-led approach. You will be working within a diverse team with a highly varied skill set. You'll have the opportunity to engage with all departments across the business and you'll be supported and mentored by the senior designers as you go along. LED-Flex is a very dynamic company and you'll have unlimited opportunity to grow within the business, flexibility in your role development, and to make a real tangible impact on the company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Creating technical product and installation technical drawings
• Knowledge working with ISO/DIN/BS standards
• Working closely with 3D/graphic designers to create visually pleasing yet clear product renders and imagery
• Working with our manufacturing partners to make amendments and improvements to prototypes whilst managing quality control
• Taking ownership over the design and development of products, exhibition stands
• Initiating new product concepts and ideas
• Developing product specifications and design briefs and validating them
• Completing early stage design work - actively participating in the ideation & design process
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring deadlines are met
• Working within specific design guidelines, such as cost, dimensional or functional specification
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You will be eager to take ownership of tasks and projects from the start and juggling several tasks at once. We are looking for someone who can generate sound ideas and engage with the engineering problems we face to help create better outcomes for both us and our customers. Someone who isn't afraid of criticism but instead grows from it and challenges us to think differently about how we conduct our product development process.
• You'll have graduated with at least a 2:1 degree in mechanical engineering or product design
• Familiarity with 3Ds Max, Vray is a plus
• Highly competent in Parametric Modelling using Inventor/Solid Works/Catia, sound drafting skills
• Minimum 1-year experience within design engineering and a sound knowledge of product development through prototyping and testing
• You'll ideally have experience working across the entire production process: from conceptualisation to manufacture, working with multiple parts and assemblies
• You'll possess sound knowledge of manufacturing processes such as plastics injection moulding, thermoforming, CNC, sheet metal bending, extrusion.
• Commercially aware, detail orientated whilst striving for continuous improvement
Founded in 2010 by a team who are passionate about lighting and technology, LEDFlex works together with designers and architects to bring surreal yet functional lighting concepts to life. We work on a project to project basis, crafting premium linear LED lighting solutions tailored to individual project requirements. From architectural and urban to residential and commercial, our products are the ideal solution to any application.
• Competitive salary
• Uncapped Sales incentive Bonus
• Extensive Training
• Great Team Atmosphere
• Pension plan
• Stay refreshed: get fresh fruit, coffee and tea on tap.
Mechanical Design: 2 years (Preferred)